Hardest Words: The English language is a funny, complicated and yet useful language that has thousands of words in its kitty. While some are very easy to learn, speak, and write, a few others are mind-numbingly hard to even understand, and don’t even get us started on pronouncing such words. And those words, which are difficult in their very nature, are rarely used by people in general. Such difficult words are only used by academicians and literature graduates.
However, keep in mind that most difficult words have much simpler and simplistic meanings, which when used in your communication can dramatically improve their meaning, tone, and texture. In this particular article on the hardest words to spell, we are going to discuss the following topics that are going to help students, teachers, writers, and general English enthusiasts learn about the hardest words in the English language:
- Why is it necessary to learn hard words in English?
- The hardest words in English to spell
- The hardest words in English to pronounce
- List of 100 hardest words in the English language
- How to teach and learn the hardest words in the English language?
- FAQs on the hardest words in the English language
Improve your English Grammar Faster with English Grammar Notes.
Why Is It Necessary To Learn Hard Words in English?
Below are a few reasons why one should learn about the hardest words in the English language:
- If you want to become a serious writer, it is practically mandatory for you to know about the hard words in the English language.
- Interviews: if you want to impress HR, great vocabulary can take you places.
- Brand communication: branding and marketing are all about communication, and the usage of sensible words can help a brand connect with its target group.
- Corporate environment: whether it’s internal customers or external, the usage of great vocabulary will always create a great impression within the office environment and it can bode well for your image.
- Entrance examinations: Exams like CAT, UPSC CSE, GMAT, XAT, NMAT, or MAT will demand good vocabulary from students to clear them. Knowing such difficult words can help them answer English grammar and comprehension questions correctly and score well.
- Now that we have understood why we should know about the hardest words in the English language, let us understand which words are the hardest words in the English language.
The Hardest Words To Spell in English
Below is a long difficult English word to spell:
Hardest English Words To Pronounce
Below is a list of the hardest words in English to pronounce:
If you observe, in both the difficult words to pronounce and the difficult to spell in the English language, certain letters are silent, and that is what makes them tricky, especially for beginners and average-level English speakers.
List of 100 Hardest Words in the English Language
Below is a list of the 100 hardest words in the English language:
How To Teach and Learn the Hardest Words in the English Language?
The number of ways to improve one’s vocabulary and learn the hardest words in the English language is not limited in any sense. One can follow the below methodologies to learn the hardest words in English:
- Learn and write one new word every day.
- Keep reading editorials of newspapers such as the Hindu New Indian Express or the Live Mint. These newspapers provide quality content with a high vocabulary.
- Read novels written by Nobel laureates and people from different walks of life and geography so that your mental horizon expands.
- Start writing articles and blogs yourself and use the vocabulary that you have learnt in these articles so that you get to practise the same.
The above mentioned are a few of the methodologies that one can adopt to learn the hardest words in the English language. There are other methods as well that people adopt, but one should never memorise these words because memorising them is of no value and you will not learn how, when, where, and how much to use.
FAQs on the Hardest Words in the English Language
The frequently asked question regarding the hardest words in the English Language are given below:
1. Is it necessary to learn hard words in English?
Answer: Yes, learning hard words in English will help you improve your vocabulary and communication skills.
2. How to Learn the Difficult English Words?
Answer: By reading and writing every day, one can improve their vocabulary and learn the hardest words in the English language.
3. Where are hard words in the English language used?
Answer: Hard words in the English language are mostly used in academic papers, literary works, novels, editorials, and columns in newspapers and magazines.
4. What makes a few words hard in English?
Answer: Silent letters, double letters, and long spelling can make a few words hard in the English language.
Most of us opt for an easier way out in life, and that is exactly what we do with English vocabulary also. All the usage of simple words can be made easier. One should start inculcating usage of difficult vocabulary in the English language so that it improves their hold and grasp of the language.
There are thousands of difficult words in the English language and you can’t learn all the difficult words, but knowing a few can help you make a good impression in interviews, essay writing competitions and entrance examinations.